Who can apply for this rebate ?

There are strict HMRC qualifying criteria for Marriage Allowance. However, we are unfortunately unable to provide advice over whether you qualify for the tax break. For this reason, responsibility for ensuring the eligibility criteria are met rests with the applicant. We can ask basic criteria questions and apply on your behalf with no risk, due to our 'No-Win, No-Fee' process and terms of business.

If you do meet the HMRC qualifying criteria for Marriage Allowance and HMRC apply the tax break, Marriage Allowance will allow the lower-earning partner to transfer some of their annual Personal Tax Allowance to the higher-earner.

If you’re married or in a civil partnership, and you think you might meet the HMRC qualification criteria, you can request a HMRC review of your eligibility using the Marriage Allowance Claims service.

If you wish to receive any guidance or advice, please contact HM Revenue & Customs by telephone on 0300 200 3300.

How much can i reclaim?

If you’re married or in a civil partnership, you may be entitled to a £1,188 tax break called a Marriage Allowance. 2.4 million out of 4.7 million couples currently qualify for this and are missing out on a refund. You can check for free whether you’re eligible and how much you can claim on a no win, no fee basis.

Why am not eligible ?

You cannot claim Marriage Allowance if you’re living together, but you’re not married or in a civil partnership. If you or your partner were born before 6 April 1935, you might benefit more as a couple by applying for Married Couple’s Allowance instead.

What are the costs of fees ?

You will receive 100% of the increase to your household net income going forwards once the marriage allowance tax break is in place. This is approximately £250 per year. This is done at no cost, and can add upto over £10,000 over a lifetime. Our fee of 35% + Vat (42% including VAT) plus £100 (including VAT) of the total HMRC repayment is payable if a payment is released. Where no payment is released, you do not have to pay us anything. So, all you need to do is complete the online form and we will process the Marriage allowance transfer with HMRC for you.

What is a Marriage Allowance claim ?

In April 2015, the UK Government introduced Marriage Tax Allownae, a new income tax break for married couples and civil partners. The Marriage Tax Allowance allows the lower earner within the marriage or civil partnership to transfer £1,250 of their unused Personal Allowance to their higher-earning partner. Doing this will reduce the higher earner’s income tax bill by up to £250 per year. One of parties to the marriage or civil partnership (so either you or your partner) will need to have an annual income of less than the Personal Allowance for the Tax Year(s) in which you wish to claim. Marriage Tax Claims is an elective tax break, meaning that eligible couples will not receive the tax break unless a claim is made. If no claim for Marriage Allownace tax break is made, the taxpayer’s entitlement is simply written off, and the funds retained by the Government. The Government has been widely criticised by experts for failing to publicise the Marriage Allowance tax break properly. It has been widely documented that more than one million married couples in Britain are missing out on the £900 marriage tax break. It was as a direct result of this Governmental failure to publicise Marriage Tax Allowance break that we sought to publicise the benefits to the UK public. You can claim Marriage Tax Allowance break directly with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) without incurring fees, however, claiming using the Married Tax Claim process will incur fees only in the event that the claim is successful. Details of our pricing can be found in the main menu or footer of our site. If you wish to obtain any advice or guidance, please contact HMRC directly.

How does Marriage Tax Allowance work or effect me ?

The lower earner requests for any unused Marriage Allowance Benefit to be transferred to their spouse. Those that earn less than the personal allowance can transfer a maximum of £1,250 in 2019/20 to their partner’s allowance. NB: If you decide to transfer any of your unused personal allowance, you must transfer all of it. If you earn less than £11,250 (the personal allowance, minus £1,250), you can do this without being liable to pay any tax. In 2019-20, those earning above £11,250, but below £12,500 can still transfer £1,250 of allowance, but will become liable to pay tax on any income in excess of £11,250. Their partner still makes a tax saving of £250, but the extra tax they pay reduces the overall level of saving made by the couple. This allowance will transfer to the spouse automatically every year unless you contact HMRC to cancel it, or your marriage comes to an end (either through divorce or death).

Do Civil Partnerships qualify?

HMRC guidance states that you will generally be entitled to apply for Marriage Allowance using this service if you are in a registered civil partnership.

Are the rules the same in Scotland?

If you’re in Scotland, your partner must pay the starter, basic or intermediate rate, which usually means their income is between £12,501 and £43,430.

Will this be paid automatically to me?

Generally speaking, HMRC do not pay Marriage Allowance automatically. The tax relief will only be applied once a claim has been registered.

If you want to make sure you aren’t missing out on a tax rebate, you will need to register for Marriage Allowance.

There are strict HMRC claim deadlines in place, and if you miss the deadline your tax rebate entitlement will simply be written-off by HM Treasury.

If we get a rebate, will we have to pay more tax?

Claiming Marriage Allowance claim will generally transfer up to 10% of the Personal Allowance from the low earner to the higher-earner.

This transfer generally has no cost to the low-earner, who doesn’t earn enough to fully use up their Personal Allowance. The tax refund is paid out to the higher earner directly from HMRC.

If you wish to receive any guidance or advice, please contact HM Revenue & Customs by telephone on 0300 200 3300.

Rejoignez la communauté, devenez un Lavandier

  • Facebook Social Icône
  • Instagram